Thursday, December 19, 2013

Memory 11010

-->
Memory 11010



Last time I was in Madrid for a short visit, I sent myself a postcard. I had cut out the word Letting Go and taped it to the card. I didn't know what to let go, but I hoped the person who received it, would. I hung it on the kitchen wall and, as objects do, it blended in with the decoration, until I hardly noticed it. A poet I once knew had said that angels speak to us through strangers. I don't believe in angels, but sometimes you hear the same message several times, from different sources, and you begin to listen. 

For a long time I hold on to the idea that the inner world and the outer were two separate entities. And even more so, to me they were in conflict. Then, a few days ago, somebody read my cards. I don't believe in card readings either, but maybe an angel had something to say. 

The reader said I had to let go of my resistance. That my fight between two worlds was a waste of energy. Then later a Buddhist told me that we often start out from conflict. We start creating from negativity, a sense of isolation. Resisting set patterns, the family, school, society. She told me there is a time to transform your view, and thus your work, taking responsibility for your interactions. 

I looked at the card. The word was still there. Now it was a more insisting Let Go. The space where I was fighting, putting up walls, is becoming the source of creation. I am letting go of an idea, and this means a new opening up, showing myself. Entering a new realm where everything is inseparable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment